2 Day Combination Program
1 Day :
- We will pick you up at your hotel or guesthouse in Chiang Mai between 07:30 - 8:00.
- Upon arrival you will change into traditional northern style clothing. You will receive a briefing on elephants during which time you will learn the basic words for controlling your elephant.
- We will pay respect to Ganesh, the Elephant Buddha.
- You will feed your elephant sugar cane to become familiar with your new friend.
- After practicing how to get on and off your elephant, you will ride up into the jungle.
- We will have lunch in the jungle. All leftovers can go to the elephants so nothing is wasted and no trash is left behind.
- Visit the natural black mud spa to play in the mud with the elephants. The mud is very good for your skin as well as the elephants’ so enjoy.
- After getting muddy you and your elephant will want to take a bath in the river. Wash your elephant and have fun swimming!
- Return to the Thai Elephant Home and take a shower. Enjoy freshly cut fruit and experience an optional Thai herbal spa for your hands and feet.
- Relax the rest of the afternoon.
- Dinner is a traditional mahout B-B-Q of meat roasted over a charcoal along with sticky rice you help prepare and cook in bamboo over the fire.
- Say goodnight to the elephants around 8:00 p.m. when you feed them grass.
2 Day :
- Visit the elephants at 7 a.m. to clean up their areas before feeding them.
- Breakfast between 8:00 – 8:30 where you can make your own toast over a charcoal fire.
- Learn more elephant commands and practice using them.
- Travel by car to the nursery.
- Enjoy a refreshing cup of herbal detox tea prepared in bamboo over a charcoal fire.
- Bond with the elephants as you feed them bananas and sugar cane.
- Play with the baby elephants as you walk around the valley floor.
- Eat a delicious jungle mahout lunch.
- Watch as a mahout makes a bamboo elephant bell and explains it use.
- Walk with the elephants along a jungle mountain path as you take photos.
- Join all the elephants in the mud bath for some fun as they splash around.
- Bring the baby elephants to the river and give them a bathe.
- Take a shower and change clothes.
- Eat fresh fruit and say goodbye to the baby elephants.
- Return to Chiang Mai in the afternoon when you are ready.
Price 9,000.00 Baht/Person. BOOK NOW!
Include : Mahout clothes, transportation, insurance, food, fresh fruit, dvd pictures, video clips and English speaking guides.
Bring : Sun glasses, sun block lotion, insect spray, sandals or flip-flops or water shoes, camera, hat and a change of underwear.
Please note :
- Some visitors may experience skin allergies or mild sensitivities as a result of riding the elephants. If you suffer from sensitive skin we recommend that you wear legging style trousers beneath the clothing we provide as an extra precaution.
- Due to unforeseen weather conditions, there may be times during the rainy season (May-September) which results in the local river flooding and therefore becoming dangerous to cross. Unfortunately, this may restrict the accessibility to the elephant mud spa area.
- Nevertheless, this will not effect the program any further and guests will still have the opportunity to spend one on one with their elephants and enjoy bathing time in a smaller river.
- Thai Elephant Home has no control over this situation and can only apologise in advice should the weather prohibit the mud experience.
- Children under 6 years pay 500Baht per day.
- Children 7 - 12 years 50%.
- Children riding alone need to pay full price.
|< Prev||Next >|