30 Day Combination Program
- We will pick you up at your hotel or guesthouse in Chiang Mai between 07:30 - 8:00.
- Upon arrival you will change into traditional northern style clothing. You will receive a briefing on elephants during which time you will learn the basic words for controlling your elephant.
- We will pay respect to Ganesh, the Elephant Buddha.
- You will feed your elephant sugar cane to become familiar with your new friend.
- After practicing how to get on and off your elephant, you will ride up into the jungle.
- We will have lunch in the jungle. All leftovers can go to the elephants so nothing is wasted and no trash is left behind.
- Visit the natural black mud spa to play in the mud with the elephants. The mud is very good for your skin as well as the elephants’ so enjoy.
- After getting muddy you and your elephant will want to take a bath in the river.
- Wash your elephant and have fun swimming!
- Return to the Thai Elephant Home and take a shower. Enjoy freshly cut fruit and experience an optional Thai herbal spa for your hands and feet.
- Relax the rest of the afternoon.
- Dinner is a traditional mahout B-B-Q of meat roasted over a charcoal along with sticky rice you help prepare and cook in bamboo over the fire.
- Say goodnight to the elephants around 8:00 p.m. when you feed them grass.
Day 2 to 30:
- The 30-day program provides a more intense and involved experience learning the life of the mahout and the elephants at the camp.
- Learn all about elephants, the mahouts and people in the village. This includes learning about and partaking in ceremonies, traditions and the religions of the local people. Most of your time will be spent interacting with the elephants by feeding, riding, cleaning and training them.
Price 80,000.00 Baht/Person. BOOK NOW!
Include : Mahout clothes, transportation, insurance, food, fresh fruit, dvd pictures, video clips and English speaking guides.
Bring : Sun glasses, sun block lotion, insect spray, sandals or flip-flops or water shoes, camera, hat and a change of underwear.
Please note :
- Some visitors may experience skin allergies or mild sensitivities as a result of riding the elephants. If you suffer from sensitive skin we recommend that you wear legging style trousers beneath the clothing we provide as an extra precaution.
- Due to unforeseen weather conditions, there may be times during the rainy season (May-September) which results in the local river flooding and therefore becoming dangerous to cross. Unfortunately, this may restrict the accessibility to the elephant mud spa area.
- Nevertheless, this will not effect the program any further and guests will still have the opportunity to spend one on one with their elephants and enjoy bathing time in a smaller river.
- Thai Elephant Home has no control over this situation and can only apologise in advice should the weather prohibit the mud experience.
- Children under 6 years pay 500Baht per day.
- Children 7 - 12 years 50%.
- Children riding alone need to pay full price.
|< Prev||Next >|